Hey, writer! If you're seeing this message, it means you haven't joined the forum yet. It's no real biggie, you can keep wandering, but there are some forums you're not seeing, and that's a shame, y'know. If you wanna get in on this fun, it doesn't take much to register and join, and we'd be glad to welcome you!
Hello There, Guest! Register

NANO Time for Riot to make some Motha Flippin' NANO COVERS
Star 
HERE'S THE SCOOP, KIDDOS: For the last 3 years, I've made posts in the Artisans subforum on NaNoWriMo, offering to make covers for people. Last year it was a HUGE thing, and I ended up making over 30 covers during October while getting hyped for November. I've got a lot going on this year, though, so 30 is out of the question, but here's the thing. This time last year, I didn't have SMASH. Or any of you. And as a huge freaking thank you to all of you who have been supportive and awesome over the last 10 months, I wanted to give YOU the opportunity to have a cover made FIRST.

Here's my Top Ten Covers post on fauxRIOT from last year, to give you an idea of my style. I'm very abstract, minimalist, and sometimes typeface-based with my graphic design.

Now, if all that tickles your fancy, start giving me your ideas so I can mess around with them~ Here's a basic form similar to the one I used last year that you can fill out in a reply. Because the replies on the forum aren't cascaded (like they are on the NaNoWriMo forum), I won't be replying to this post until I've finished all the covers. I may even make a separate post instead, we'll see which works best when I get to that point. I'll also, definitely, be sharing every cover directly in the #SMASHthegenre Discord, so keep an eye out there so that you can give me real-time praise as well.

I AM GOING TO DO AN INITIAL CUT-OFF AT 10 REQUESTS.

TITLE: Your NaNo's Title
PEN-NAME: Your Name/Pseudonym/Username/Whatever-You-Want-To-Be-Called
GENRE/THEME/MOOD: Horror? Comedy? Star-Crossed Lovers?

SYNOPSIS: What'chu writin' 'bout hey? Give me as much detail as you can. The more I understand, the more emotion and personality I can bring to the design.

EXTRA: Is there a colour palette you'd prefer? Do you have a reference image? Something you do/don't want me to use? KEEP IN MIND, I'm p. stubborn when it comes to graphic design and I'll do w/e I feel works best. I'm not just gonna take a picture you think is cool and slap some text over it. I try to make every little detail on my covers mean something. #humblebrag
writing as writing. writing as rioting. writing as righting. on the best days, all three. - teju cole
hEy

TITLE: Fantasise
PEN-NAME: Jac Menari i suppose. i don't want to use my real last name XD
GENRE/THEME/MOOD: i don't really know? it's a mix of romance and action b/c i couldn't make up my mind

SYNOPSIS: you've read all i've written, i'm not sure if i can explain anything you don't already know XD

EXTRA: my extra is for you to do basically whatever you want. if you really want things to go off of, sage likes blues and mattia is a green guy. otherwise, y'know have fun :3
Lightbulb 
(10-07-2016, 12:36 AM)rioteer Wrote: HERE'S THE SCOOP, KIDDOS: For the last 3 years, I've made posts in the Artisans subforum on NaNoWriMo, offering to make covers for people. Last year it was a HUGE thing, and I ended up making over 30 covers during October while getting hyped for November. I've got a lot going on this year, though, so 30 is out of the question, but here's the thing. This time last year, I didn't have SMASH. Or any of you. And as a huge freaking thank you to all of you who have been supportive and awesome over the last 10 months, I wanted to give YOU the opportunity to have a cover made FIRST.

Here's my Top Ten Covers post on fauxRIOT from last year, to give you an idea of my style. I'm very abstract, minimalist, and sometimes typeface-based with my graphic design.

Now, if all that tickles your fancy, start giving me your ideas so I can mess around with them~ Here's a basic form similar to the one I used last year that you can fill out in a reply. Because the replies on the forum aren't cascaded (like they are on the NaNoWriMo forum), I won't be replying to this post until I've finished all the covers. I may even make a separate post instead, we'll see which works best when I get to that point. I'll also, definitely, be sharing every cover directly in the #SMASHthegenre Discord, so keep an eye out there so that you can give me real-time praise as well.

I AM GOING TO DO AN INITIAL CUT-OFF AT 10 REQUESTS.

TITLE: Your NaNo's Title
PEN-NAME: Your Name/Pseudonym/Username/Whatever-You-Want-To-Be-Called
GENRE/THEME/MOOD: Horror? Comedy? Star-Crossed Lovers?

SYNOPSIS: What'chu writin' 'bout hey? Give me as much detail as you can. The more I understand, the more emotion and personality I can bring to the design.

EXTRA: Is there a colour palette you'd prefer? Do you have a reference image? Something you do/don't want me to use? KEEP IN MIND, I'm p. stubborn when it comes to graphic design and I'll do w/e I feel works best. I'm not just gonna take a picture you think is cool and slap some text over it. I try to make every little detail on my covers mean something. #humblebrag

Crossing the River
Autobot Mech-Ops / CharacterQueen
Hurt/Comfort - Adventure

Iren is a Blood Fighter (Gladiator) from an abusive foster home. (Before that she was abandoned by her mother after her dad died) and when a decepticon knocks a hole in the Battle Bridge wall she leaps into the frey using her dads trianing to pick up a gun to start shooting and fight. she saves the life of a cybertronian who should have died (Jazz) and he saves hers minutes later. they've been inseparable sense. she's started helping to train the new troops  in the fledgling organization (NEST) , become liaison to the humans, and learned to live with GIANT ALIEN ROBOTS. One of the main focuses of the story is Iren learning to trust again, and learning to to live with the idea of that trust. Jazzes Mate Prowl is a galaxy away, and he's starting to fall apart from the loss of him. 

https://youtu.be/O0YxeTjFn70

that is the song that started it all and gave me the title

This is the picture that i base her off of, eyes should be blue, but aye google images.

feel free to talk to me about it to get more of a sense of it if that helps
TITLE: I don't really have a title but I have a work title, I'm the Angel of Death
PEN-NAME: One Cas
GENRE/THEME/MOOD: My genre is LGBTQ+ and fantasy. I want a stempunk theme while having some LGBTQ mixed in it. It should be light yet dark. The mood in the book is mostly dark but also light sometimes.

SYNOPSIS: It's about Rawen (Autumn is a name she goes later on in the book, because it will be easier to hide who she is) is a forest elf druid's. She ran away from home when she was 15-16 years old when her father argued with her for the last time. In addition, it took her family always her father's side, whether it was her fault, or her father's fault really. A time when everything was at its worst, a time when no one could stop him, and he went from words to blows. He cut Rawen over the back, from left shoulder blade to the right hip. After that she ran away because she could not stand more, and that she never felt at home there. So she settled in the forest, and when she is around 20 years (when the story begins) so he she not talked to anyone in years. Would someone who knew her see her now, they would certainly not recognize her. Because she has a magical ability that grew stronger when she began living at one with nature, her ability or magic grown stronger. She is becoming more of an animal shape than in his human guise. When she feels she belongs there. Then she may feel that she really lives in one with nature. She can transform into an animal because she is a shapeshifter. As soon as she walks into my human shape, she has either wolf ears or reindeer antlers on his forehead, just to continue to feel connected with the animals around her.

One day, she feels to go to the biggest market in the city which happens about once a year, to be able to buy new clothes and weapons, and other things. The market and everything else in the city is a bit cyberpunk advantageous and even a little steampunk-like. She chose that day because she does not think she will encounter someone she knows then because there are so very many people there. But there she was at the very least want to happen happens, she meets someone who she met earlier settled for a very long time ago so she is not sure if he recognizes her, she hits on Darchan. In addition, he has risen a lot in rank or class, depending on how you look at it, since he was around 10. She does not know what she'll do when she sees him. But she tries to behave as usual. After the meeting, she is just in the woods and runs away only to markets when she really needs it to survive.

After that incident she feels additionally not safe anywhere as she moves around more in the woods than she did before. But everything to feel reasonably safe from Darchan. She does not know how he reacted to her, or if he will tell anyone that she is alive. She really did not want her family to find her.

She meets later Darchan again and feel something strange for him, which she can not describe. She does not know why she feels so or what it is really she feels. She still feels vulnerable when she sees or meets Darchan but do not run away as soon as she meets him.

EXTRA: This is pictures I have found that I think fit my story. But you can find pictures you think fit what I have written in the synopsis, and use them

http://kingofwallpapers.com/cyberpunk-wa...FVc2Pj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dpW2GHA.jpg
https://cdn.wittyfeed.com/25226/owkdd2jq...5mv0m.jpeg (If you want to use this one, don't use the part of Jack Sparrow)
http://www.desktopimages.org/pictures/20...515667.jpg (If you use this one, ake this blend in with the other pictures, or just use the quote from it)
http://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/30/65/lXSsiK.jpg

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/7463c8f...dows-8.jpg (Make this picture blend in with the others)
Here we go!

TITLE: Lost In The Fog: A Young Woman's Search For A Place To Belong
PEN-NAME: Violet Spade
GENRE/THEME/MOOD: Memoir/Survival Story/Non-Fiction

SYNOPSIS: For a long time, I felt I was unlovable and that I was the reason why.

I have experienced abandonment, abuse and neglect, all of which I internalized until I was encompassed in the fog that was my life. This history I have of being manipulated and thrown away is the only life I have ever known - from my mother, to my father, into foster care - and thrown into the apocalyptic wasteland that is my history of intimate relationships. In my mind there was clearly something wrong with me if the people around me were in loving families, within fulfilling relationships and moving towards a better tomorrow and I was here, giving people parts of myself that they didn't deserve and hoping it would eventually pay off.
I never knew I was capable of knowing love until I began to understand that I was not the one who was unlovable, it was the people around me who were incapable of giving love. This is my story of feeling lost in the fog, and how I somehow ended up on the other side as a (mostly) functional adult. I hope by reading this, whoever you are, you realize just how strong you are and that tomorrow is always a new day, filled with new possibilities for clarity.

EXTRA: Kind of had an idea but you're welcome to tell me that something else works better - A black title hidden within a cover filled with fog, and maybe a silhouette of a person lost in there too, alone? It's simplistic and if I was any good with photoshop I might be able to do it, but ya know. I'm good at writing, not art-ing!